It’s spring. The birds are chirping and the trees are sprouting new growth. As you spring towards summer, what better time to think about a Smile Tune-up at Silver Smiles Orthodontics? What do I mean by a smile tune-up?
Well, if you have ever had braces and maybe you weren’t the most consistent patient with retainer wear, you may have experienced some relapse or shifting. Also, patients who have never had braces, but have a few minor issues are also great candidates for smile tune-up.
Today, these minor problems can often be corrected without traditional braces. Mild crowding or spacing issues can be resolved simply by wearing custom invisible aligners, similar to Invisalign. These aligners are comfortable, discreet, and allow you to brush and floss normally. Smile tune-ups with aligners are usually corrected faster than with traditional braces, often in less than a year. That fact alone is something our patients love to hear.
Here are a few things clear aligners in Atlanta can correct:
- Crowded teeth
- Open bite
Here is how it works:
- If you have never been patient at Silver Smiles, call and set up a new patient consultation. If you are a former patient, call the office and let them know that you are a previous patient and would like a Smile Tune–Up consultation. At the consultation, we will take new photographs and possibly a panoramic x-ray. The doctors will discuss your case and give you all of your treatment options.
- If you are a candidate for a smile tune-up with aligners, the first step will be scanning your teeth with our 3-D digital scanner. This is a fast and very simple procedure. (Think of it as a magic wand waving across your teeth!)
- Once the scan is complete, Dr. Silver and Dr. Meagan will create a treatment plan to fine tune every movement.
- Once the plan for your smile is in place, your aligners are custom made with a state-of-the-art 3-D printing process.
- After your aligners are designed, we will call you to set up and appointment to deliver your aligners and give you all the necessary instructions and information. We are with you every step of the way to make sure your teeth are moving correctly and we are achieving the desired results.
- After you complete your series of aligners, you will receive a final retainer and instructions concerning retention to hold the teeth in the new position.
Interested in giving your smile a tune-up? There’s not better time than the present. For more information about how we can help you achieve a smile you’re proud to show off, call 770-972-6000 to schedule your free consultation today or submit your information now.