When it comes to teeth whitening, you may see many different methods, like charcoal, featured online and in magazines. It’s no surprise that DIY whitening is top of mind, either. When the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry asked people what they’d most like to improve their smile, the most common response was whiter teeth.
Healthy smiles come in many shades, though it’s tempting to think ingredients in our own kitchens could hold the key to a brighter smile. Still, just because a method is natural doesn’t mean it’s healthy. In fact, DIY whitening can do more harm than good to your teeth.
Thinking about teeth whitening? Check out why you should skip home remedies like charcoal and visit Silver Smiles!
4 reasons to skip the charcoal:
- Does not contain fluoride;
- Is abrasive! Its grittiness can wear away your enamel and cause your teeth to yellow;
- Lacks the ADA Seal of Acceptance along with sufficient research and results;
- Is super messy!
4 reasons to say yes to in-office bleaching at Silver Smiles:
- Treatment usually requires only one office visit;
- Our staff oversees the process to make sure your gums are properly protected;
- We offer several options including Glo Teeth Whitening & Zoom Gel;
- We love making you smile!
Silver Smiles offers a variety of teeth whitening options including GLO Dual Whitening and Zoom!® Gel, which is perfect for patients to use with their retainers. Call the office for details!